Author Topic: Selecting whole image in Refocus  (Read 3157 times)

Offline sreilly24590

Selecting whole image in Refocus
« on: January 24, 2015, 05:09:27 pm »
Is there a method such as Ctrl-A to select the whole image using Refocus? I'm trying this trial on my astrophotos and when used as the default settings it picks the central area and leaves edge artifacts. But I'd rather have the entire image used as the stars could use some sharpening as well. Seeing will soften focus and I'm trying to gently enhance the images. These are taken through a 12.5" f/9 research grade OGS RC telescope and a 35mm CCD camera using individual filters (SBIG STL-11002M). Any suggestions would be welcomed. My images are posted at www.astral-imaging.com

Thanks,

Steve

Offline sktcher11

• Beta Tester
  • Expert
Re: Selecting whole image in Refocus
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 07:57:12 am »
Hi Steve,
I'm sure Kat will answer your question. But from what I understand of your question… the box in the middle of the image is the preview window.It has a size restriction, it does not select the entire page/image.
But if you click on the gear button in the upper right corner of the program you can set it to it's max size….you can move that box around to different area's of your image to see how it will effect that area.
When you click the run button it will refocus the whole image, not just what you see in the center of the preview window box.

You may also want to use the 10 day trial of Akvis Enhancer…. it does a Great job of Enhancing a photo. I think this may be what you are looking for to enhance your images… give it a try.
Checked your site out, great images.

Hoped this helped??
Later, Sktcher11 :)

Offline Kat

• Expert
    • AKVIS
Re: Selecting whole image in Refocus
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 12:43:38 pm »
Hi sreilly24590, Irina has sent you the reply by email.

Thank you for your answer, sktcher11 ;) You are totally right!

Kat
AKVIS team