Author Topic: Problem with Printing Akvis Image  (Read 4903 times)

Offline sktcher11

• Beta Tester
  • Expert
Problem with Printing Akvis Image
« on: November 30, 2014, 03:26:37 am »
Tried printing an image I created with various Akvis programs and the image will Not print like the created image?

I've tried changing file setting in Photoshop and on my Epson Workforce1100 printer and nothing seems to work so far?

Does anyone how an idea to what I'm missing in trying to get my printer to print the created image correctly?

I have attached the original created file I want to print and a scan of the file as my printer printed it…
you can see it does not pick up all the file info?

Are the Akvis program results causing this to happen or am I missing doing something to the file in Photoshop CS6 or in my Epson printer presets?
I do flatten all my layers in Photoshop and I work on a iMac.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Later, Sktcher11 :)

Offline sktcher11

• Beta Tester
  • Expert
Re: Problem with Printing Akvis Image
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 04:47:03 am »
#1_Created a new image result in Sketch and tried printing it in iMac Preview app and got this result in the first image.

#2_Created a new image in Sketch & Lightshop and tried printing directly from Akvis program and got these results?

As you can see neither print result (see below) is picking up all the image details?
Both images are producing different results.

They are also different than the image previously posted using Photoshop?

…. puzzled???

Offline Kat

• Expert
    • AKVIS
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 07:32:02 am »
Hi! It looks like you should set up the printer color profile.  http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=130785

As for the 2nd example, you applied the LightShop effects that's why the results are different. :)
Kat
AKVIS team

Offline sktcher11

• Beta Tester
  • Expert
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 05:15:43 am »
Hi,
Kat… as far as the 2nd example results being different.. those were the results from trying to print directly from Sketch & the other directly from the LightShop program. They were both the final image after all the combined programs I used.

This never happened before when I tried printing from any Akvis programs or fromPhotoshop?

Anyway, after 3-4 days of trying everything and searching the web I fixed my problem and it now prints correctly.
From constantly reviewing the images it seemed my printer wasn't printing the Black inks. So I made a simple CMYK color bar chart along with a Grayscale swatch set to check my Blacks and it proved my hunch that the Black was out of whack? It was a muddy gray.

So I removed my 2 Black cartridges (I have an Epson Workforce1100) and reinserted them and it worked!

Hope this helps anyone that may come across this problem, not saying it may be the answer for them. But start with a simple test like I did above and it may save you many headaches.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 05:19:26 am by sktcher11 »

Offline Kat

• Expert
    • AKVIS
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 05:16:53 am »
Hi sktcher11,
Thank you for sharing your experience! I hope this will be helpful for other members of our community.
Kat
AKVIS team