Author Topic: Possible problems and solutions  (Read 6711 times)

Offline Kat

• Expert
    • AKVIS
Possible problems and solutions
« on: October 28, 2013, 12:40:09 pm »
Plugin crashes

If the plugin shows this error:
std::exception class std::runtime_error:RpcMaster Broker:Synchronization
- this means that the old and new files got mixed. It may happen when updating to the new version.

Solution: You need to delete all old files and reinstall the program.

Problems with GPU

In some cases the programs can crash when working with large images.    
Solution:  Please turn off the GPU option in the program's preferences
We are working to solve this problem.

"Damaged" file on Mac

You can't complete the installation process because your Mac does not open the dmg file. It says that the file is damaged and you should eject it.
Sometimes (not often) this problem occurs: on certain Macs the dmg files cannot be opened, though work well on other Mac computers. It probably concerns with the updates of Mac OS X or with the users settings on Mac OS X.

Solution: Please write to us, and we will send you the download links to the zip files (the same versions but archived in zip).
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 03:54:11 am by Kat »
Kat
AKVIS team

Offline sktcher11

• Beta Tester
  • Expert
Re: Possible problems and solutions
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 09:11:25 pm »
Plugin crashes

If the plugin shows this error:
std::exception class std::runtime_error:RpcMaster Broker:Synchronization
- this means that the old and new files got mixed. It may happen when updating to the new version.

Solution: You need to delete all old files and reinstall the program.

Problems with GPU

In some cases the programs can crash when working with large images.    
Solution:  Please turn off the GPU option in the program's preferences
We are working to solve this problem.

"Damaged" file on Mac

You can't complete the installation process because your Mac does not open the dmg file. It says that the file is damaged and you should eject it.
Sometimes (not often) this problem occurs: on certain Macs the dmg files cannot be opened, though work well on other Mac computers. It probably concerns with the updates of Mac OS X or with the users settings on Mac OS X.

Solution: Please write to us, and we will send you the download links to the zip files (the same versions but archived in zip).
Hi Kat,
Glad to see this post, I have had issue's resolved by you in the past, with positive results! My particular problem as we have discussed is my outdated computer functionalities with Mac OSX. This has led to my not being able to get some of the Akvis programs... bummmer  :'(  I feel left behind and abandoned by not being able to keep up with progress of industry and programs.

You mention turning off the GPU option to solve problems with working with large images... I have to give this a try with Akvis Smartmask. I have had dmg installation problem with this program. You sent me a fix, it worked but yesterday when using it I had a few quirks with it again? Although I am not that proficient with the program as well yet, I am going to see if this helps?
Thanks,
Later, Sktcher11 :)

Offline Kat

• Expert
    • AKVIS
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 04:26:17 pm »
Sktcher11,
It will be helpful if you give us more information about the problem you have... Please write to Irina at support@akvis.com (and more details please!)
Kat
AKVIS team

Offline sktcher11

• Beta Tester
  • Expert
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 12:35:45 am »
Thanks Kat,
Will give Smartmask another go. If I have problems I will contact Irina, will do follow up here as well.

Offline sktcher11

• Beta Tester
  • Expert
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 10:42:54 am »
This post is to help any and all fellow forum members ;)

I received this reply from Kat after sending her a personal message for a particular problem I was having. I wasn't familiar with the Correct and Best procedure or Who & How to contact with the problem's mentioned below.

It's better to discuss discounts and bugs by email - all messages will be saved in our base and all of us (Irina, Lidiya, and me) will be able to easily find and read them.
It will also make support easier.

I thought it was worth posting this info if anyone else should have a similar question and in helping Kat, Irina & Lidiya not having to re-send it to others.